Thursday, October 18, 2012

Veganmofo: Canadian Thanks Giving Details post!

I know I promised to write one giving all the savory thanksgiving details so here they are!

DINNER!

I've already gone over the menu and the sheer scope of the undertaking in delisiousness. So I'll just go over a few close ups
 Green Bean Casserole is my unsung hero of the holidays. Warm caserole, rich noochy sauce and crispy onions, brilliant! These photos are all the leftovers I horded back to my place so they suffered some transporting.
 Mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, roasted garlic asparagus, turnip, mom's stuffing.
 Our stuffing recipes has been the one thing Mom always makes.

 Mom's Stuffing
 Homemade brown bread, dried and torn with sliced peppers, garlic, onions, celery and seasoning (paprika, garlic, onion, poultry seasoning, oregano, thyme, Rosemary and pepper) toss and allow to sit for 20 mins, top with EB. Baked in a earth balance coated dutch oven at 350 for 30 mins then ten uncovered.

 More green bean action
 Seriously, tofurky done to perfection and topped with roasted asparagus adds a slight tang to the first layer. So good.


/ end of photos

No comments: