Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Veganmofo: Day 2: Impress Me meal

I gotta say my fail safe impressive yet easy meal has been the same for ages and ages Veganomicon classic Chickpea Cutlets w/mustard gravy V'Con as well and lemon roasted potatoes another V'Con gem. I cannot even count the number of times I have made this meal, but it is a lot.

Sometimes I switch it up and do a classic mashed potato or a more classic style mushroom gravy with steamed carrots or a green or roasted Brussels sprouts for the big guns. Vcon has always been a great book filled with impressive yet manageable recipes that never fail to disappoint and I think it was one of the first Vegan Cookbooks with a 'fancier' foods I purchased.

Surprisingly for something I (and the rest of the internet!) made obsessively for years I cannot find a decent photograph but I will link you to the recipe on Isa's new website. Ironically my historically picky eater mom texted me just the other day asking for this recipe. So if you haven't tried them out do yourself a favour and head over to Isa's blog to make a double batch of these bad boys.

Double Batch Chickpea Cutlets

Isa and Terry have always had a special place in my heart, PPK4ever!

No comments: